Smoothies are a go-to breakfast of mine simply because I am not a morning eater, and usually am on the go by the time I’m “ready” to eat. I love that I can get all of the yummy morning nutrients I need through a straw while I sit down and start writing, or I can blend it thick enough to throw in a bowl to sit an enjoy with some toppings.
WIN WIN WIN!
This combo that I’ve discovered not only keeps me full, but has everything I need for a well-rounded start to my day! There’s also anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties too (BONUS)! Check out the ingredients…
- BLUEBERRIES: rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, both good for premature aging.
- BANANAS: potassium hydrates skin which is what your skin needs to repair itself. Zinc and vitamin A are also blemish fighters.
- OATS: more antioxidants that help with inflammation and dry, itchy skin.
- CHIA SEEDS: packed with omega-3 fatty acids that help hydrate the body and decrease redness.
All of these with some almond milk, ice and pea protein (I use vanilla Sustain by Modere) is an amazing blend!
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 packet Sustain pea protein
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 2 TBS chia seeds
Put everything in a blender and and mix until smooth and delicious. Enjoy!