Who doesn’t love waffles?!
I love getting creative with my protein powders and using them in more than just a shake. I love a good protein shake, but sometimes i like to eat something fun more than shake it up! Waffles are a breakfast food that’s usually paired with tons of sugary syrups and toppings that are not so healthy. Some waffle dishes that are serves at restaurants are more like dessert for breakfast! While I think chocolate chip waffles are definitely a good splurge to have every once in a while, I’d rather have them in a way that fits into my meal plan with the same fun taste!
Making these has been a game changer for me for sure! Besides my awesome pea protein that’s packed with vitamins and minerals, I also make these bad boys with oats instead of flour! That gives these waffles some extra protein, fiber and some anti-inflammatory properties. Super god for your complexion and muscles!
Yields 2 big waffles: 312 Cal. | 9.3g F | 37.4g C | 21.3g P
- 1 (39 g) packet Sustain protein
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- splash of vanilla extract + cinnamon
- Warm up your waffle iron. Set it to the desired cooking level. (I like mine a little crisp)
- Blend all ingredients until smooth + batter-like consistency.
- Pour the mix onto the waffle iron and work some magic.
- remove from waffle iron. BOOM, Waffle time. Pair with syrup, tour favorite nut butter, or some yummy fruit!
Enjoy! Xo Erica
If you try this recipe I’d love to hear how you liked it! Snap a pic and tag me on Instagram @erica_hijinks OR put #healthnhijinks in the caption!