DONUTS Make Me GO NUTS!
In the spirit of National Donut Day, I thought it would be a perfect idea to create a healthier version for my clean treat recipe list! What better way to clean something up than to give it some protein? There is no better way in my opinion.
These are only 6 ingredients, super simple and super yummy! This recipe is super versatile. If you like a plant-based or different flavor of protein, you can absolutely swap it out to make these a different flavor OR vegan. I love this protein in particular because it is simply decadent and tastes just like swiss mix. Super chocolatey! If you’d like to try it, click here for $10 off on me! 🙂
Yields 4 donuts: 162 calories
4.2g F | 15.7g C | 15.9g P
- 1 cup (102g) chocolate whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup (32g) coconut flour
- 1 tsp (4g) baking powder
- 2/3 cup (148g) unsweetened applesauce
- dash nutmeg
- dash cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Using a donut pan, fill the mixtures into 4 donut molds (OR you can use a donut maker if you have one). I add the mix to a sip lock bag, and cut the corner off so i could pipe it in.
- Bake for about 10 minutes and check to see if firm. If not, throw them back in for 1-2 minutes intervals until they are. ***Be careful not to bake too long! The will become a little dry if overbaked.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Then remove them from the pan.
- Add some toppings like an icing, roll in cinnamon + sugar, or even a nut butter for some added fun.
- Enjoy right away or store in the fridge!
Enjoy! Xo Erica
If you try this recipe I’d love to hear how you liked it! Snap a pic and tag me on Instagram @erica_hijinks OR put #healthnhijinks in the caption!