Flour-Free Fruit Waffles
It amazes me what you can put in a waffle iron! My favorite lately is using fruits like bananas and plantains as the base, and adding oats or protein powder. I’ve made so many different variations of a waffle that I may just do a series on it! It’s is a super easy breakfast for meal prep!. Beware though if you’re prepping and only have a single waffle iron. This is easy, but time consuming.
Yields 4-5 waffles
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 yellow plantain
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Splash of water
- In a blender or food processor, grind oats until fine. I used my nutribullet.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Heat waffle iron to medium-high or high setting (I set my 5 setting waffle iron to level 4), add batter and cook.
- Remove from iron, let cool and EAT!
Enjoy! Xo Erica
If you try this recipe I’d love to hear how you liked it! Snap a pic and tag me on Instagram @erica_hijinks OR put #healthnhijinks in the caption!